iPod Tracker - "iTracker"
OK, here's how it works:
The Magic Begins...IF you have iTracker previously "installed" on your iPod and IF his/her computer is set to read "autorun.inf" files, it will automatically run "iTracker.exe" (a 42kB file), which will:
- Thief steals your iPod (assuming you have one)
- Wanting to add his/her own songs, he/she buys a connector cable
- He/She plugs your iPod into his/her computer...
Notes: It does all of this silently and you CAN view all connection logs in a table, see "Read Me.txt" for more information.
- read your iPod's serial number
- read the computer's name and username
- connect to "iTracker.php" on your server which will read these pieces of information, make sure that it IS your iPod (by checking the serial number), and get the IP Address of the connection and time
- "iTracker.php" will submit this information into the MySQL database, and if SMTP is enabled, it will E-Mail you all the information
- Up to you to decide what you want to do with the information ;)
Download it here:
I AM IN NEED OF PEOPLE WILLING TO PORT THIS (NSIS) TO C AND IMPROVE THE PHP SCRIPT!